Tuesday, July 9, 2013

It’s Monday morning once again and I just can’t believe how fast time passes by. I am definitely making every second count ;) A small update on our projects before we get into the details of what might have been the best weekend so far :P Both, Tingting and I, are pretty far ahead on our individual projects. We started with data collection and after restructuring it I can finally say that I have an idea of where my focus will be. Have you guys ever thought “I am never going to use this in real life” while you were studying, well… good thing I paid attention in analytics and supply chain classes cause I am full on applying absolutely everything I learned. Big thanks to out professors back at the University of Arkansas!!! Hopefully by the end of this week I’ll have my third project finished and I’ll be ready to start my fourth and final project for Mr. Price Home. So… the weekend!!! It started on Friday when Matt took Tingting and I to the Mr. Price Pro surf competition in Ballito. Great experience!!! I had never seen professional surfing before. We got to see surfers from all around the world. Mr. Price took us to the VIP area where they not only had lunch and drinks prepared for us but also a bag full of clothes and gifts. Can’t do better than that :D Here is a picture of the South African surfer Jordy Smith who was unbelievable (goes without saying) and a couple of other surfers. Friday night was a quiet one… but Saturday was far from it. Every year Durban hosts The Durban July, which is the Kentucky Derby of South Africa, where several horseraces take place. The event is one of the biggest and the races aren’t the only thing going on. Every year the event has a different theme and this year’s was “Posh”. Everyone attending gets to dress up according to the theme. During the event a fashion show takes place as well as concerts and some after-parties. We arrived at the Greyville Race Course at noon. We had an amazing location right by the track and the finish line with delicious food and drinks catered throughout the day, and I bet for the first time on horseraces… let’s just say it wasn’t my lucky day haha but we weren’t so concerned about that. We had an amazing time and left the event late at night. Here is a picture of one of the races as the horses pass the finish line. Ahead of us, we have a four day work-week because we are flight out to Johannesburg this upcoming friday!!! And I can hardly wait!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment