Monday, June 3, 2013

Getting to beautiful Durban, South Africa...

I don't know where to start. It's been only  one day since I got to Durban, South Africa to work for Mr. Price Group and I already have a thousand things to say about this experience (ALL GREAT).
I was so excited about this trip since I heard Tingting (my MBA classmate) and I got the internship that packing started a week before the actual flight. I can say that packing for 10 weeks in one suitcase was a challenge by itself, although Tingting must have mastered this art since she got a small siutcase (relative to mine).
The actual 35 hour trip was very close to torture but the reward has been unbeliavable. Cindie and her husband were so kind to pick us up from the airport in Durban. You can already feel it in the South African air, people here are extremely kind and welcoming. I cannot explain with words how nice they have been to us since the moment we set foot in this country.
As we drove from the airport the most beautiful sugar cane plantations accompanied the highway all the way to the place were our flat was located. WHAT A VIEW!!! both of our rooms have a balcony with ocean view. It is breathtaking... Mr. Price has stocked our fridge with some food already and got us welcoming gifts, including beach towels!!! :D LIFE IS GOOD!
After what seamed the best shower of my life, Wendie took us for a tour of Umhlanga. The place is beautiful and surrounded by restaurants, shopping malls and the beach. We couldn't ask for a better location to spend the next 10 weeks. The weather, eventhough it's winter, is perfect.
I can't wait for the next couple of days, meet everyone at the office and continue this amazing journey. I want to quickly thank everyone who was involved in getting us here, the MBA program, UofA career center, the Center for Retailing Excelence, and Mr. Price Group. Thank you to everyone who made this possible. THANK YOU!
Here is a picture of my room with the beautiful beach in the background. Many more pictures to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment